Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Night 60 Go Habs Go!

Hockey night in Canada, Saturday Night, one of the most storied rivalries in hockey, the Toronto Maple Leafs against the Montreal Canadiens. That was Jeremy and my top secret mission, to take the subway out to some suburb in Montreal to buy a couple of tickets off of a stranger we found on craigslist. It cost, but it was worth it.

In goal tonight, Carey Price, the pride of Anahim Lake, B.C.

The habs bench

The score clock was right in front of our face, great for replays

The Leafs bench

Plenty of banners, the Canadiens have won the Stanley Cup 24 times
We had great seats, 1 row on the 3rd level center ice

21,273 fans attended tonights game

The leafs are ahead in the 2nd. There was probably 20 per cent leaf fans at the game, kinda strange to hear "go leafs go" in the bell center

I was trying to get a shot of the bannners of the retired jerseys, Yvan Cournoyer( the roadrunner)  and Jean Beliveau (les gros bill) were two of my childhood idols.

Zamboni races

love that shot, no fans, it's intermission and they are all out buying $10 dollar beers! (guilty as charged!)

That screen was so vibrant I caught myself watching it sometimes instead of the live action on the ice

3-3 tie in the third on this shot from Mike Cammalerri

This was a great game, lots of action at both ends of the ice

Habs up by one
Not for long, Leafs tie it up

the panorama

The zoom on my little camera was working great tonight, hopefully one day I will figure out how to put video from my camera on the blog

Looks like overtime is looming.
Price takes a break before overtime

Line- up boys

Overtime, we can only hope for a shoot-out, seeing as how I am really a Vancouver Canucks fan.

Walking home after the game. (Okay I wont leave you in suspense, Mikhail Grabhovski scored for the Leafs 1:23 into overtime.) It was still a great game though.

No comments:

Post a Comment