Friday, November 11, 2011

Day 73 Toronto

Day off slash maintenance day in T O. Everytime I look out my hotel window I see the "Zanzibar" It is painted gokd, with gaudy flashing neon lights.Very eye catching but not tempted enough to go in , though.

From the room, a glimpse of Lake Ontario


Okay, enough looking out from the room, time to get out there.

Great walking weather for November, forecast high of 12 celsius or about 54 fahrenheit

Just caught my eye
China town in Toronto, one of North America's largest

Lots of people and lots of outdoor shopping.

Kensington Market, very multicultural, designated as a national historic site of Canada

Partially an outdoor market, lots of funky little shops with great bargains to be had.

Lots of specialty shops

I went with Ross and Kayla, and he pre-scoped out this vegetarian restaurant. It has a 4.5 out of 5 rating on Yelp, an internet review site.

It was a tiny little place, but the prices were good, and the food was even better.

very colorful salad, (although I was not clear on some of the things I was eating) and very tasty. Topped off with a delicious butternut squash soup.

What are the chances in a town of 2 and a half million, 5.5 million in the Greater Toronto Area, I would bump into my roommate, Jeremy. I can't get away from the guy, lol!

Some very colorful and talented artwork on some of the wall around Kensington market.
Everyone of these homes had a little specialty store of some sort. It would take a few days to cover it all.


Walking back toward downtown I spotted the CN tower over top of the trees.

The Sharpe Centre for design

A visit to the TIFF Bell Lightbox, a building dedicated to the film industry (check the link)

They had a fascinating display on movie costumes, these are from Silent Hill 2 : Revelations
These are from "The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus". At that point a security guard came in a told me I was not allowed to take pictures. It was definately worth the visit though.

Back towards the hotel

Time to hit the malls, Toronto is the fashion district of Canada. The PATH network links 28 kilometres of shopping and services underground in Toronto, which according to the Guiness book of World Records , is the largest. After checking out a fraction of that system, I was pooped, and tomorrow is our biggest day for the relay, 430am start for me, good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment