Sunday, September 1, 2019

The Good Doctor, episode 307

5:30 a.m. on a Monday morning and it's already a full house (of cast vehicles in the parking lot) at the Sutton Place hotel. I was incognito in this white Ford Explorer. (the air conditioning on the Suburban packed it in, and was getting repairs)

Another first on the Good Doctor, new cast trailers arrived over the week-end. This is the first time Vancouver Mobile Dressing Rooms has built cast trailers. Before, their focus was on hair, make-up and AD/washroom trailers. (assistant directors)

Meanwhile, I attempted to get a pic of this motorcycle mirror shot of the sky from my rear-view mirror. (I really need to find better use of my time.)

I think these trailers are deluxe!

Nice gas fireplace and satellite T.V. 

Nice escape from set for the cast members.

There is even shower facilities.

Another early, albeit festive, start at the Sutton.

Ahhhhh, the perks! The timing was perfect. The director and writer of this episode brought an ice-cream truck to set, just as the day was heating up. The double chocolate raspberry was, well, you know, quite yummy.

Sunrise at my place, another cool view of Mount Baker. 
I like this one, coming into downtown form underneath the convention center.

Ha! Trying out the pulley machine at the new gym at the Bridge Studios.

One night this week we were filming in North Burnaby. Some of the properties around set had a pretty decent view of downtown Vancouver. 

No, I am not going the wrong way, but I do have to decide on a left or right turn. Right will take me out of downtown south, left will get me right to the Sutton.

A new beginning. Many shows have filmed at the Bridge Studios over the years. This stage right beside one of our Good Doctor sets was used by a show called Get Shorty. Everything has been removed, and it will be interesting to see what comes next. 
Well, when you have some free time, and it looks like it might be a fraturday, why not kill some time shooting some baskets in the south east corner of the studio?

…..much better than staring at the sky, waiting for wrap.

Meanwhile, back in the Okanagan, my kids seem to be rubbing it in, the fact that I'm working and they are enjoying the last sunny days of the Okanagan summer.
On the web......


I know this one!


In old Quebec City, I've seen that!

This pic of the Milky Way was taken in the South Okanagan, wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment