Sunday, September 15, 2019

The power and the Good Doctor

My new ride! (At least for four of my days last week). I had the honor of driving executives from the U.K. as they scouted out locations in and around Vancouver to see if they were suitable for a t.v. series adapted from a bestselling novel.
We started off at the Vancouver Convention centre.
They, and myself, were not impressed by the locations in the downtown eastside. The drug and homeless problem just seems to be getting worse.

They scouted out the VanDusen botanical gardens, a place I have heard wonderous things about, but alas, I have never been.


We scouted an old fish packing plant in Ladner.

This is a small town I could live in. Too bad it's so far from most of the studios.
One of my favourite filming location, Steveston. I spent a lot of time working here on the show Once Upon a Time, which used Steveston to replicate the fictional town of Storybrooke.

We also looked at Britannia Shipyards National Historic site.

Bulrush pic.

I would love to come back and spend some more time here.

Life on the Fraser River.

The journey took us to a high school in Langley.

It also took us to a late lunch. I had the yummy tuna poke bowl at Cactus Club in Coquitlam.
Back at the Bridge Studios, at the end of each day I was converted back to a Good Doctor cast driver. I was walking by one of the stages on another show, and spotted this bedroom set.

I had a hitchhiker on my tire. (you can imagine that did not last very long)

On one of the days, they all rode the Grouse Mountain gondola to the top of Grouse to scout around up there. Unfortunately, someone had to stay back with the shuttle, meh.

Then they looked at view homes in West Vancouver. Well that is quite a view alright.

Also on the list was golf courses. We stopped at Capilano Golf and Country club in North Vancouver.

Hanging outside the clubhouse.

Then it was on to Furry Creek Golf and Country club...…..

……..the gardens were quite beautiful.

Driving on these scouts means I also get invited to lunch. The Halibut and chips were the special at the Olive and Anchor in Horseshoe Bay.

More homes to see in West Vancouver. This is one of the more interesting front yards.

The next day we started out at Locarno Beach in Vancouver.

The end of the day was many miles away at the soggy Swaneset Bay Golf and Country club in Pitt Meadows. We also scouted Langley and Fort Langley, but it was raining so hard, we never even got out of the shuttle.

Then it was over, for now. I dropped them off at the Sutton Place hotel, then went back to my Good Doctor world.

Started this day at Olympic village. I was waiting to pick-up the producer of the Good Doctor.

Can't show much of the sets, but I can show the space between the hospital and the ambulance bay, lol. 

A soggy end to the week, but once again, not a fraturday, yay!

One of the news feeds that appeared on my cell phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment