Sunday, December 27, 2015

Wrapping it up before Xmas.

Its beginning to look a lot like Christmas in Gastown, as I wait to take one of the actors to the airport so they can get home for Christmas. Two more days of wrap on "the Magicians", for me.
Lots of wrapping going on this time of year, including all of the set decoration used on the sets during season one. (It's all going into storage pending a season two).
Looking like a ghost town around the studio
A lot of the electrical gear is being organized for return to one of the rental houses, Production Services in Burnaby
Removed from my comfortable 7 passenger cast van, I was called into duty to return some of the rental trucks back to where they came from. (including the infamous "green monster", one of the grip trucks.)
and the props and camera trucks.
one last trip to the Sutton Place hotel, taking the last actor in town to the airport so he can enjoy Christmas in Los Angeles.
This is the second time this has happened to me. While running errands downtown, my coins wouldn't go into the meter. So I took a picture of it in case I got a ticket.

Then it was time to head out to the Okanagan for Christmas. Thank goodness the heavy rain in the Fraser Valley didn't lead to heavy snow on the mountain passes.
It was a messy trip, so it was off to the car wash as soon as I landed in Penticton.
The next morning, the first fresh snow I have seen this year.

It's been so long, I was surprised the brush was still in the trunk.

A beautiful winter view from Penticton looking north up Okanagan Lake.
Christmas eve tradition, can't imagine it not including a viewing of "It's a Wonderful Life".
I started my Christmas morning with all my friends at Snap Fitness in West Kelowna. (Ha-ha, I was the only one there).
Junior started a new Christmas tradition, the Kinder egg wrapper hat.
My sister and brother-in-law had a generous supply of ham for Christmas dinner.
My sister's bichon's annual Christmas photo with Santa.
A shot of a vineyard in Summerland looking east over Okanagan Lake. It's nice to have a white Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment