Tuesday, February 24, 2015

E W D G...............

Cruising down the Georgia Viaduct towards downtown Vancouver, week 2 of my stint working on EWDG (Electra Woman and Dyna Girl !)

I am spending so much time driving around downtown these days, I am starting to feel like a cab driver.
 

Isn't it funny how the simplest things can be so mesmerizing. As I waited for the actors at the production office, I became fixated on this billboard. (which changed about every 5 seconds, like my attention span!)



Enough of that, back to work. Scouting some of the filming locations brought me downtown Vancouver, by Canada Place, and the convention center. (looking west from our location)

and looking south

Once again, like clock work, at dusk, the thousands of crows fly over the production office towards their roosting grounds nearby in Burnaby.

I've seen them many nights, and it is still a little unsettling.

Heading to the hotel to pick up the actors, looking towards Gastown in Vanvcouver

Does taking a picture in the driver's seat constitute distracted driving? Never mind, don't answer that.

Hanging out at the Sutton hotel waiting for my pick-up, a remarkable, sunny February day.

As a driver in the film industry, there is always oddball errands to run, like dropping off this Canadian cell phone for one of the producers coming up from Los Angeles.

Look up, look wayyyyyyyyy up!

A grainy picture from the production office Friday night of the moon, with Venus close by

and Mars tucked in the middle. It was so much better to the naked eye.
Like this sunset I was trying to capture, it was way more brilliant than this photo shows.

If you get a chance watch this video of the two stars of Electra Women and Dyna Girl, Grace Helbig, and Hannah Hart, two very funny ladies. I feel privileged to be driving them around.
Speaking of funny, I had a chance to see some very funny comedians at the iconic Vogue theatre on Granville St. Vancouver. The show is called "the Debaters", a very funny and popular radio show that plays on CBC radio.

It was a very cool old venue,

And 6 pairs of debaters entertained us and kept us laughing for nearly 3 hours.
The week is done, filming for Electra woman and Dyna girl starts next week, should be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment