Wednesday, November 18, 2020

Covid +

The sign (or light) of the times. Normally at the Bridge Studios when the red light is on, it means they are filming on the stage. These days it could also mean don't go in because they are cleaning the stage, part of the covid protocol.
This week we are filming episode 6 of season 4 of the Good Doctor. I spent a lot of my time standing by on the "Main St." of the Bridge Studios.
 

A "bloody Mary" Saturday.
Check the size, time to get new winter tires on my cast vehicle.
The tire store I take it to is in Port Coquitlam. While I waited I went to the Waves coffee shop across the street........and there it was!..... the bitcoin machine fellow Teamster peep Rocky and I tried out back in 2017. (We'll save that story for another day.....)
The weather was decent enough to sit outside and enjoy with my "coffee news".
The things you notice when you've been through the car wash a thousand times. I'm being pulled through at one k.p.h., lol.
Anything can be incorporated into my daily cast driving duties. Today it was taking care of a cast member's recycling, lol.
My new ride!
Hopefully, temporarily. I'm having electrical issues with the Suburban. It got towed out to the owner's shop in Maple Ridge. 
I haven't bragged about our caterers for a long time! (In case you wondered, that is a mac and cheese ball in there.)
It's bad enough our transport captain is feeding the crows at dusk every night, but now our new security guard is doing it as well. I'm tired of cleaning bird poop off of my vehicle all the time!
That's a wrap on this filming day. All is quiet at San Jose St. Bonaventure hospital.
This past Saturday Ritsue and I had a chance to visit my grandparents grave out in White Rock.

On the way home we stopped in the quaint town of Ladner, located on the banks of the Fraser River.
It was a grey day, but we still managed to get out for a short hike.
I'm sure we will be back in the spring when things are a little brighter.
Being parched after that short hike, we headed to Sharkey's seafood bar and grill, a local favourite in Ladner.
No, those aren't chicken breasts. I couldn't not believe the size of those oysters!
One more stop,  Lowe's Home Improvement in New Westminster. A little too soon to bring out the Christmas cheer if you ask me. Bah Humbug!, lol
.
Now that's punny!
On a serious note. Last week Sheila Kelly, wife of Richard Schiff (and who also plays his partner on the Good Doctor), announced they both tested positive for covid-19. As of today, Richard is in the hospital, but apparently improving. Their son Gus also has tested positive. I wish them all the best and a full recovery.
We continue to film the Good Doctor. Richard and his wife had not been on the set in many weeks. A reminder how vulnerable we all are. I'm glad we still get tested 3 times a week at the studio.

No comments:

Post a Comment