Sunday, October 20, 2019

The Good Doctor, episode 311

Surprise, I will start my week on episode 311 (omg, we are half way through the season already!) of the Good Doctor at, where else, the Sutton Place Hotel. (Home to many, many of the guest stars of over 40 shows filming in Vancouver right now.) This morning I was picking up Dr. Glassman. (Richard Schiff.)
It's official! Ritsue has made the move from Hiroshima to Burnaby. Let the fun begin!

Today we were filming out in Surrey. I found it interesting the last little bit of marsh around the area was fenced off???

The next day we were in Langley, and I also thought it was interesting that this little pond was off limits, except to a few privileged???
Omg! 9-11 on the shoes! (Dr. Glassman left these in my vehicle, and they were needed on set.)

We were at three different locations in Langley today, including this café on the Fraser Highway. (Not in the United States.)

I chose to wait it out at this coffee shop in Mount Pleasant while I waited to pick-up a cast member. We had a lot of rain this week, and more for next week.

While we were filming in the Mount Pleasant area, a fellow cast driver on the show introduced me to a Japanese grocery store. It is right on Broadway, and I have driven by it dozens of times, but never even noticed it was there.

One of my duties on one of the busiest weeks ever on the Good Doctor was returning wardrobe to VPC (Vancouver Prop and Costume). This warehouse is massive!
Hmnnnn, a surprise for me when I came home from work on this day. (I must say, "No more cold seats!")

This was a first for myself and many of the film crew on this Thursday. We started the day at this gas station in south Langley.
Then we moved back to the same motel in Surrey that we were filming at on the previous Thursday.
(We finished the day at the studio in Burnaby. Three cities in one day, oh the logistics of it all!

When you are moving around as much as we were the last 2 weeks you sometimes forget important details, such as my cast ride is in desperate need of an oil change.

Looking up, waiting to pick-up Dr. Lever. (Jasika Nicole). Rain, rain, and more rain.

At least the fall leaves add some much needed colour to these grey days.

Friday night we were back at Vancouver Community College. A huge coincidence as this transit bus pulled up across the street. Zoom in on the side, there is a Good Doctor poster on the bus. I bet the passengers did not know the Good Doctor himself was so very near.
As we headed towards another fraturday, fellow cast driver Marianna tried to keep the mood up by bringing a steel drum for the crew to have fun with.

We ended the week outside of VCC, but it was a tolerable, 1 a.m. finish to the week.

Hopefully, the first of many outings with Ritsue in Vancouver. (Myself, Ritsue, junior, bro Skip and his lady Doris)

No comments:

Post a Comment