Monday, July 2, 2018

GD..........season 2

Back to business! Now to find the transport office in the new offices of the Good Doctor, Season 2, at the Bridge Studios in Burnaby.
random, mallard mom with her brood near the golf course, shot

After hitting a bucket of balls at the driving range, junior took me out for a father's day beer and a meal.

The suns sets on the longest day of the year.

Today I had special mission. I had to go to the Signature Flight Support at the east terminal at Vancouver International Airport 
It was cool to be that close to the tarmac and watch the aircraft taking off.

I got to go out on the tarmac and pick-up the Bacardi (yes, that Bacardi)  family at their private jet. 

Yesterday, I had room for the 5 people that came in on the private jet. Today, they invited friends and family. That totalled 14 passengers, and I needed a 15 passenger Ford Transit for this expedition.

We first headed to St. George's private school in Vancouver where they were filming the movie 2 Hearts, based on a true story that includes Jorge and Leslie Bacardi, the people I picked up yesterday. The movie is based on a novel by Eric Gregory about his son, called All My Tomorrows.

Later in the day we were filming at the Jericho Sailing Club. What a view of Vancouver!

The following day we were filming inside the Tradex building in Abbotsford. Handy parking close to set, haha.

Later in the afternoon we were out the tarmac at the Abbotsford airport.....
…..where they were filming a scene of when the Bacardis' first met.

…. on the sidelines, a retired Canadian Armed Forces plane.

They interviewed Jorge and Leslie out on the tarmac.

One of the cameras was shooting from this high vantage point.

Another retired aircraft. It was an honour to drive the Bacardis around for 4 days. Part of the story is the lung transplant Jorge received 10 years ago from a 19 year old man named Chris Gregory.

Its official! Season 2 has started. I took the first day film drives to the post drop-off.

My sister called me to let me know Dr. Melendez (Nicholas Gonzalez) was on the 100,000 dollar pyramid game show!

Ha!, and so was Dr. Glassman! (Richard Schiff)
The view looking north on Burnaby from our new transport office, not too shabby.

We had some very hot weather a couple of weeks ago. The only shade I could find on the lot was under the sky-train station.

It's been awhile since I've been thrown into a "cable truck". Thank goodness I only had to drive it from one end of the lot to the other.

Incredible! Back at the art department they were busy making a brain for the show on this 3-D printer.

Love the new Suburban the show has so kindly provided me with. Without giving it away, (you'll have to wait until the first episode of season 2 comes out) we had a late night under the Burrard street bridge.

Our first day of filming was in stage 4 at the Bridge Studios.
Jim and I hanging out at circus, waiting to drive cast to set.

A couple of blocks away there was this shiny Bentley parked by a dealership.

Around the corner from set was Fisherman's Wharf on False Creek.
… and as usual, day turned into night.....

On the way to set on Friday, I noticed that every time that truck stopped at a light, a bunch of seagulls would land on it and try to get into it. Something fishy going on there.

We had so many crew and extras Friday night, our caterers, Rain City Catering, brought in a third truck to help with the preparation. I have never seen that before.

Now, the part I never get used to, the "Fraturday." Going to work while it is light and coming home the next morning when it is light again is a hard row to hoe.

Learned something new this week, how to say the days of the week in Japanese!
From the web:
Yup, that describes me all right.

guilty as charged

Haha, that was awesome!

Oh ya.

Dare to dream, Arnold. (stolen from an old Kokanee beer commercial)

a little cuteness......

That is one proud lizard


Youch!


Omg, why did I not think of this!

or this???

I'm sorry, but this looks like something Eddie Munster should be driving.

That is just tragic, in my opinion

No comments:

Post a Comment