Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Valley of the Charmed Doctor

Wow, what a week of wrapping the Good Doctor, prepping a pilot, the reboot of Charmed, and prepping another series, Valley of the Boom. (a National Geographic series about the boom and bust in the Silicone Valley of California in the 1990's.)
But today, I was on a different mission. I found myself in Squamish, and heading back to Vancouver was not the option. I was on my way to scout out some locations in Pemberton, north of Whistler.
back at the Bridge Studios, where the Valley of the Boom offices are, I see a rare, empty, stage. (could this be the new home of the Good Doctor's Saint Bonaventure Hospital???) (stay tuned....)

Back on the road, we, ((Chuku Modo (Dr. Kalu on the Good Doctor)), and two producers from Brightlight Pictures were taking a peek around Pemberton, for a indie project.
This view is from the Big Sky golf club.

That bald eagle was a lot bigger to the naked eye than it is to my phone camera.

and there they go, off to explore the majesty of the Pemberton area.....

I wasn't far behind, my curiosity got the better of me.

Look up, look wayyyyyyyyyy up..... 
(is it okay to post a sentence that maybe only I understand, but enjoy??)

Looking south across the golf course.

We drove to another location, and I stumbled upon this "fixer-upper".

end of the line:
 
the point at which it is no longer possible to continue with a process or activity:

On the way back to Vancouver we stopped at Whistler village for some food. What a blast from the past, the 2010 Olympic rings!
We went back up the next day, this time the clouds were a little lower.

That's a pretty fine location for a golf clubhouse. 


Today, I did not chase them down the golf course, I just stayed close to the clubhouse and snapped a couple of pics. 

They wanted to venture a little closer to the mountains.....

how about that, even in paradise, people are so selfish.......

a very rare photo....
(me having to fend for myself, actually cooking some dinner...
omg! so spoiled on set, but alas, there is no catering on prep days....)


One of my OCD pleasures. Outside of my condo I am keeping a close eye on this old Burnaby public library building. It is slated for demolition and I'm concerned they are going to build yet another massive condo tower in the city.

On this sunny day, we were scouting out locations for Valley of the Boom, including this old hotel in Surrey.

Back at the Good Doctor stages in Burnaby, The hospital is coming down really quickly.

Where it will eventually be re-assembled at the new location at Bridge Studios.

Thursday night I was sitting at home when I heard a loud boom that startled the heck out of me. When I went out onto my balcony I saw bright lights to the south of me. Then I realized that it was another production filming what I can only guess was a scene involving an explosion of some sort.

Every 3 years the contracts for the Teamsters (drivers) and the two Iatse (crew)(click Iatse for Iatse 891 and here for Iatse 669) contracts come up for renewal. Then we get to vote for or against. This is the first year we could do it online.
on the web this week
even with clothes on this is way more than I want to see or think about



and the reason is.....

Yes!

Whoa! How did this make it to the store shelves, even in the 1960's?


Yes again!

Wow. Even though this vending machine is unique to gun ranges in the United States, it is still a little unsettling.

I can think of a couple of reasons why this vehicle should avoid any potholes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment