Sunday, April 1, 2018

Valley of the Boom, episodes 1 & 2

......and so it begins, the next project. Waiting out at Vancouver International airport for the first of the cast to arrive for the National Geographic special, "Valley of the Boom." (It's about the boom and bust of the dotcom industry in Silicone Valley in California in the 1990's)

A new view this week. I was picking up one of the executives at a boutique hotel down on Davie Street in Yaletown.

The Valley of the Boom (VOTB) offices are at the Bridge Studios in Burnaby. Right now new stages are being built, part of a major upgrade to the studio.

After 3 week of prepping and wrapping, I was back on familiar turf, heading south on Burrard Street towards the Sutton Place Hotel for a cast pick-up.

Last Saturday night I went to my first MLS, major league soccer game at B.C. Place in Vancouver. 
Pretty prime seats to watch the Whitecaps take on the L.A. Galaxy
Many thanks to my transport coordinator Andrew for inviting me along.

Near the end of the game we went up to the producers of VOTB, Brightlight pictures, private suite. 


First 3 days of filming were at this church in Tsawwassen. The first 2 days were very soggy indeed.
....and on this day let there be filming.....

There it is, the first film drives of the show for me to take to the processors.

I like it.

The 3rd and final day of filming in Tsawwassen was a glorious one. The sun came out and warmed our souls.

and the moon came out as well

across from our base camp was this massive housing development. Most of it was not here when we started filming the Good Doctor last summer.

Really feels like spring out here. 

A lesson learned for the operator of the lighting lift. That thing is way too heavy to navigate through the sand volleyball pit.

Even this tow truck was no match for the situation. Eventually a bigger truck came and got the lift out.

behind our catering trucks there was this little swamp I thought was kind of cool..

now leaving sunny Tsawwassen, next stop...........

......a rain soaked evening at the notorious Turf Hotel in Surrey

The rain was not cooperating as they tried to rehearse the evening scenes. (Funny thing is, and I have seen it many times, when it became time to film later on in the evening, the rain stopped.) (Probably saved us a Fraturday as well!)
This week on the web. I have felt that way at time myself.

Vancouver has some wonderful cherry blossoms in spring time, but nothing like the ones in Japan. 

Hey! I recognize that bridge that Ritsue and Kayako are standing close to. Ritsue took me to Kintai bridge last summer). 
back to the web, omg, he was something back in the day..

why? (or maybe why not?)


hey, isn't it unlucky to open an umbrella indoors?

what is this dish called, the grand coronary?

This is the same scene I see by the Bridge Studios in Burnaby at dusk every night. (I wonder if this shot was taken in Burnaby)

Only in Canada, eh! (I stand corrected, this is actually in Norway, whouda thunk it?)


doctored, or just really amazing

the ingenuity of man




I don't think that is allowed, someone check the rule book.

A picture leaves a lot of questions.




probably a bitcoin mine


No comments:

Post a Comment