Saturday, October 14, 2017

holiday road.....

Teamster peep Ward was already to go for the Thanksgiving day holiday week-end, only 5 more days to go! Holiday road!
(actually he had to move this picture vehicle to the underground after I had just brought it up. It never was used in today's filming, thank god!, it was embarrassing to drive.
Glorious weather today down at Coal Harbour. An early arrival means enough time for a stroll while waiting for a cast pick-up.

The days are shorter now as we head into fall, and what was once a day-light pick-up has turned into a pre-dawn pic at the Sutton Hotel in downtown Vancouver.

back at the old Canada Post building downtown. All quiet down here, for now....

and unbeknownst to me, they were actually going to shoot a scene in my quiet parking oasis. There goes the neighbourhood.
up on the roof, the camera hangs ominously over the building
to get a shot of the street below..(those are picture vehicles for the show)

very crowded up here, I didn't stick around long

but long enough to take a couple of pics, this one looking northeast toward the north shore mountains.

and looking down to Cambie Steet, I see Ward helping the catering people with their parking decisions.

and here come my captain Serena with the all important washroom trailer.

southeast towards B.C. Place.
Back at our base camp, across the street, at Roger's Arena, a statue of Roger Neilson. It is his and the Vancouver Canuck fan's legacy that is mostly responsible for the towel waving you see in professional sports today. 

in the parking lot , an ambulance picture car (from another production) already to run the gauntlet, real bad ass.

It's getting to be a challenge, back at Coal Harbour later in the week trying to find a new angle for a pic.

back at the studio, one of my new cast driver peeps, Tim, played the shy card as  I was trying to take his pic. I think it actually turned out better.

Oh boy, I was parked at the studio, and this little fella was getting a little too close for my liking.

Lots of early starts this week. The view from my balcony one morning.

Same view 2 days later, with Mount Baker in the background.
The what the heck bonus picture, not sure what was captured here.

So when I got home one night this week, I was looking at a story online about a criminal that held up a liquor store, and then the same story appeared on the t.v. news channel I was tuned into. Random.

Okay, so I know this is not a third world problem, but honestly, I was really looking forward to this piece of pie from our fabulous caterers. Clumsy me.

The behind the scenes gang. Behind the set, many of the crew hang-out, and watch the monitors of the filming. They include the hair, make-up department, wardrobe department, production assistants, and smatterings of a.d's  possibly some cast, set decorating department, construction department, you get the picture. (and very rarely, transport, lol)

So I threw in 20 dollars for the production hockey pool, and so far, yes, Team Batman (it's a long story but it's me) is in 1st place! (only 7 months to go, let's see if I stay on top.)
I see craft time has been productive for this person


A ridiculous as it is, gold star for ingenuity.  

Yikes!

Does that mean I'm old? When did that happen????

This is amazing, scary, and downright insane. (even though they are harnessed on the Wiltshire Grand in Los Angeles)

not very funny


future Pulitzer prize winner

I knew it!

uhhh, good luck?




I guess if you want to liquidate your assets ........

must be an alcohol and drug free home

pet lover of the year

awwwww rats, end of the blog..... cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment