Sunday, July 23, 2017

this misfit needs the good doctor

Well, the sun rises once again way to early on the final week of filming the ABC pilot "the Misfits."
(over Mount Baker, I might add.)

I cannot even imagine how much this set-up cost just to add a little light to the day's filming.
Although I can see the advantage at dusk.
When we invade a location, it involves many, many intrusions, including all the wiring and electrical needed for a filming day.

Oh-Oh, spoiler alert. Around back was this bag of, what looks to me, some sort of fake snow. ( actually hail)

Another massive piece of equipment needed to lift this giant weather protection screen above the outside set.

Serves many purposes, including rain protection and sun block.

I am sure when this airs, the freak hail and lightning storm will look a little more real than what the special effects crew are creating here. (with all due respect, of course)

bored in the back alley, I will call this creation, "urbanization growing from the forest." (or "How many of these trees fell for this one man-made telephone pole."
random, back alley, flower shot
Hanging in the shade outside of my cast and director Yukon, which was hot, hot, hot in the sun.

One of my many duties, (and I will admit, my least favourite), getting the after lunch coffee order for the director, producers, and some of the crew.

another task today, taking (what I call "doodads") camera connections for the camera department back to the Vancouver division of Panavision.

On this day, the sun was trying so hard to break through. (But for filming purposes, it was a better look if it was cloudy)

One of the shots today was inside a "picture car". It take a lot of set up to mount the camera in the back seat. There are two cars today, one for when the vehicle is moving, and this one for when the vehicle is not moving, and the cast is talking inside.

Later, after wrapping that filming day, we headed under the Burrard Street Bridge in Vancouver, to check out a last minute filming location for this pilot. (last minute, as there are only 2 filming days left!)
back at the Misfits office at Bridge studios in Burnaby, major renovations are going on. (like all to the steel trusses that have been there for decades are starting to come down.

Must be lunch, as all my Teamster brethren are starting to assemble. (actually, Teamster lunch (do not know the history) is always 1/2 hour before the cast and crew.

one last trip down Cambie towards downtown Vancouver....................
(for this production...not much time for a break, the "Good Doctor" will be starting soon enough)

This was cool, my niece put a happy birthday to her son Marcus on Facebook. It included a shot of my mother holding him 26 years ago. (I guess he is my Grand-Nephew?)


I may have posted this before, but still worth a chuckle

hahaha, I've been there!

clever, but one wonders if the talent may be better served?

big time awwwww factor.

ohhh so cheeky!

ingenuity for sure (I am more interested in Suklaamousse though)

make the best of a bad situation"

I hope this was a concert for himself only.....
Vaaaaatttt???? what is going on here? tbc.........


No comments:

Post a Comment