Sunday, February 19, 2017

Part-time work

Being unemployed (hopefully short term) gave me a chance to do a couple of unique things week. We recently filmed Timeless at St. Andrew's-Wesley United church on the corner of Burrard and Nelson in Vancouver. When I mentioned it to my daughter she thought it would be cool to go to one of the Sunday services there.

I haven't been to church in a very long time. (12 years). It was a very positive experience. Everyone was welcome and I guess there was at least 400 people there.

still not quite cool with the selfie thang.

Later that Sunday, we headed towards Delta, to the M.O.T lands a short trip across the tracks from the Boundary Bay Airport. (another place that has been used for filming so many times, including recently on Timeless)

If you have never been there, or have not heard of this area, it is quite amazing. There are dozens of bald eagles, many, many hawks, and lots of other birds including herons. The reason seems to be, unfortunately, the Vancouver landfill is close by, and West Coast Lawns, which provides topsoil, compost, and ????
Small world, we ran into a old friend of mine , Ed Rocker, and his friend Meg. Edwin has his own blog of his acting adventures in film, click here.

Still looking winter, but I saw a bunch of robins, could spring be close by?

One of the many herons we saw that day.

Days off also gives you the pleasure of catching up with friends that you lose touch with as you work in the film industry. A pub on the Fraser river in Richmond was the half-way point to meet my buddy...

Tracy, who decided we needed to catch up on life really quickly!
The fish and chips were very good at  Tugboat Annies.

Then it was time to pay the bills. I took a part-time job on a feature movie called the mountain between us. Friday night was a very familiar view, looking west by the Vancouver train/bus station on Terminal Street.
It did not take long to realize it was fraturday time again, this time at Vancouver Film Studios. Besides us, tonight there was filming of Arrow, Flash, and Girlfriends Guide
As I view the web, I thought I had it bad

ouch

sad


Sadly, I have friends who think this is a good idea

god speed

No comments:

Post a Comment