Friday, July 6, 2012

Transitions...

Settling down to a summer in Vancouver (if the weather co-operates!)

always great views of downtown coming in from the west side.

The recently renovated B.C. place stadium.

Something I have to familiarize myself with, the sky-train.
the dark ominous clouds have been hanging over the city for days

a quick trip to the Rick Hansen Foundation office to pick up my record of employment

YVR

back on Broadway

a mouthful there
trying out the Steve Nash/Fitness World gym in Richmond

outside my window, lucky enough to see the moon considering I am smack dab in the middle of blocks of apartments


my son stayed one night on his way back from Tough Mudder at Whistler
heading back to Penticton on the Hope-Princeton Highway

Hard to believe on  the top of Nickel Plate Mountain in Hedley, B.C. was once ............

a gold mine

heading down into the Okanagan Valley
and back into Penticton

Beautiful Skaha Lake


checking out the flora in Summerland
over looking Okanagan Lake

Summerland looking back towards Penticton

after grabbing a few things I had in storage, it was time to hit the Coquihalla highway back to Vancouver

Corbett Lake just east of Merritt.
ahhhhhhh, back into the congestion of Highway 1 heading into Vancouver

I am not saying I live in an old building, but this sticker on the front door is a dead giveaway!

downtown Vancouver


heading towards Stanley Park on Georgia St.

across the Lion's Gate bridge to visit some friends in West Vancouver
Cambie bridge heading towards downtown

the sky train in my side view mirror of my car

Vancouver is divided up into neighbourhoods, I know this area on Fraser St., but had no idea it had a name as well.

but true enough, it does have the mountain view.

No comments:

Post a Comment