Friday, January 1, 2021

Ho Ho Ho 2020 style

Now there's a couple of posers right there! (Actually we owed this pic to the Good Doctor's Fiona Gubelmann, who gave me the bottle of Grey Goose for Christmas and gave "Ritzy" that beautiful handmade tiara. 
 

The Good Doctor Christmas hiatus has begun. Let's hope this is our only snow day. The show has taken 3 weeks off, that gives the cast one week to go home to their U.S. or Britain destinations, and come back and quarantine for 2 weeks again, youch.
Meanwhile back at the ranch, I mean condo, the plumbing repairs are forthcoming. (apparently the copper pipe that supplies the shower faucet is leaking down into the unit below me, yikes! Stay tuned, next plumber visit is January 6th.
Yay, we managed to get a Christmas tree up!
Another stunning morning view of Mt. Baker and Venus. There was a carpet of fog covering the Fraser River, a nice finishing touch.
Santa's helper (me) starting to get the kid's stockings together Christmas eve. (I have been getting them Lego ever since they were tiny tots with their eyes all aglow.
....and there it is, Christmas dinner with Teala and Duncan, kanpai!
.....as I stared out the window reflecting on the craziness of 2020, the t.v. reflection showed our family tradition of watching "It's a Wonderful Life." (...and yes, I shed a couple of tears again...)
......our first family Zoom meeting! (I'm sure we weren't the only ones) A great visit with my bro Skip and my nieces Erin and Megan, my sis Judith and her hubby Les, Taylor, and sis Tammy and her hubby Dave.
Don't confuse this pic with the first one. This time we are toasting Auntie Tammy who gave us a gift card for Christmas that enabled us to buy a nice bottle of sake, which we enjoyed on New Year's eve.
Meanwhile, in Los Angeles, Tamlyn Tomita (Dr. Aoki on the Good Doctor) sent a holiday greeting of her and her partner Daniel and their wondrous Christmas tree.
Even managed to stay up until midnight!
Meanwhile on Facebook, I see bro Skip and my nieces were over at their mother Carmen's place for Christmas dinner.
Another fitting sign for 2020. So optimistic for 2021. Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment