Thursday, August 6, 2020

Rumors vs. Rumours


Month 6 since the whole covid thang started. I must say the crib games between Ritsue and I are getting pretty fierce these days!
What does this mean?
Another day, another Zoom seminar, this time with casting director Tiffany Mak. Very informative should I ever venture into the acting game again.

All her hard work on that one crazy cherry tomato plant is finally paying dividends!

Back on the balcony garden, man that's a big radish!

Same seed pack, but definitely not the same radish!

Nailed it! My cooking skills are getting more and more edible! (Although I needed Ritsue to be the flipper over person)
My omelette  combined with her blueberry jam was winner winner! (but not chicken dinner) 

Finally, it's warm enough to enjoy a cool crisp apple cider out on the balcony.

The moon rising over Mt. Baker, a different sight than I'm used to in the middle of the afternoon. (Look up, look wayyyyyyyyyyyy up)

....and then it happened........
My Teamster buddy Tracy showed up one morning and dropped off fresh shrimp and spot prawns that him and his fisherman buddy had caught the prior evening.
Score!

That night Ritsue turned them into this scrumptious, light and fluffy prawn stir fry. 

Meanwhile, back at the condo farm, the cherry tomato plant continues to dominate the garden.

More free time means still more cooking. Ritsue made this zucchini, egg, radish and enoki mushroom dish, very good.

Next day, I was a little skeptical about this block of tofu sitting in the fridge. (It turned out better than I was expecting, Doesn't mean I like the stuff, though....)

Meanwhile, back in Summerland, junior had stumbled upon some rock which contained some very cool fossils.
Ritsue and I went for some stay at home style fishing, very convenient and the price was right!

There she is, 11 floors down, working hard in the garden, while I'm , well, goofing off as usual. (I new I was good at it, but the covid shutdown has made me an expert!)

This time while the moon was rising over Mt. Baker........

It is true. Not all of the many persons, production companies and trade unions can agree on the covid testing protocols. Last Friday, the season 4 preparation was put on hold.....
.......I guess it will be even longer before we find out that answer to that question and many more....
Rumours? Rumors?.
.......in the meantime, things to keep us busy.........

No comments:

Post a Comment