Sunday, January 5, 2020

The Xmas hiatus after the Thanksgiving hiatus.

Well, well, well, looks like Ritsue is adapting to life in Canada. (She has her international driving permit.)
Ha, she's almost a Canadian, eh!

The last week before the Xmas hiatus for the Good Doctor, season 3, took me to a lot of my favourite, waiting to pick-up cast, (this time Dr. Reznick) spots. 
This was False Creek on the city side.
The shows airs again on January 13th.

Later in the day, this time waiting by the convention centre.

I was stealthily parked at the studio base camp waiting to take cast to set on this rainy day when this propane truck showed up blocking my view. (we need him, he provides the fuel to heat the cast trailers)

The Good Doctor invaded Vancouver Community College for the second to last time before the Hiatus. (The college serves as the hospital cafeteria.)


...next day, back downtown for an early morning pick-up.....
…….I'd say a very still morning.

Really? You had to park your "dinghy " and block my view of downtown??
This behemoth is more boat than any one person needs, just sayin.

Back at basecamp Jaz is moving things around with the "trailer caddy", the only one of it's kind in the Vancouver film industry.


Episodes 314 and 315 were both filming on this day. This was my call sheet, obstructed view of the action at the Bridge studios.

Another day waiting for Dr. Reznick. I had a couple of minutes to take in the view of Burrard Inlet...….

…….and a visit to Fisherman's Wharf ….
... with a view of the Granville Bridge....

...looking out....

…..over the city.


I spied this totem pole close to the Burrard St. bridge....

….one last look out.....

….surprised to see a woman swimming in the water, brrrrrrrrr.

Small Victory coffee on Homer St. downtown. Dr. Murphy and myself recommend the cappucinnos!

Two days to go!, One last time at Vancouver Community College.

Out on the street for one last scene.

A must this time of year, heated seats for me and the cast!
Before the holidays I had a chance to go for lunch at Olympic Village.....

...the Ahi poke bowl at Craft Beer Market was amazing!

Lunch with some old friends (and one's son). Don, Eric, Pat and myself worked together on the 2010 Olympic Torch relay, travelling from Newfoundland to Vancouver in 106 days.

Back home, Ritsue was surprising me with some traditional Japanese treats.

The Lights of Hope at St. Paul's Hospital downtown.

Our transport captain Ward has been feeding the crows that fly over the studio every day at dusk. It's starting to get a little "the Birds" like around here. 
Get off my roof!

One last night of filming, in the rain, up on Hastings St. in Burnaby.

It certainly had the Xmas feel.

We were filming in a pub on Hastings. I can't show much, but I can show the mess we made out of the bar area.

Ritsue, Taylor, Teala and myself started the hiatus at the Canucks game.

We had good seats, and it was a good game with Vancouver beating the Vegas Golden Knights 5-4 in overtime.

Ritsue is such a poser!

We opted for the Charlie Brownish Christmas tree this season.

Our transport coordinator gave all the drivers a Good Doctor jeep Xmas ornament.

Ritsue made a traditional Japanese cheese cake and a soft rice cake stuffed with sweet bean paste and a strawberry. We were on our way to...….

…...hahaha, so true...…..

….we were at my sister-in-law's, Carmen's place. Here is my niece Megan putting the finishing touches on a glorious bird.


Ritsue explaining, uh, not sure, something to my brother Skip. This was the 23rd.

Fast forward to Christmas eve at my place. What would a family Christmas be without It's a Wonderful Life???? We have watched this every year since the kids were little, and I still shed a tear every time.

Ritsue, Teala, her boyfriend Duncan and myself had a pretty swell evening. 
Christmas day Ritsue and I headed down to the Fraser River south of my place for a little fresh air stroll.

The snowberries were everywhere.

Haha, more posing!

A walk further east brought us to this railway bridge that crosses the river. (southwest view)



There are still many log booms on the river.

This is my random, piling in the river, looks like some sorta straw, pic.

Walking along the railway bridge, a long way down to the Fraser.

….and the southeast view.
….rewind to the 23rd, a great night with Ritsue, moi, Skip, Carmen, and my nieces Megan and Erin.



Meanwhile back in Vermilion, Alberta, my niece Tami and her husband John are proud grand-parents. Their daughter, my grand-niece Meghan, gave birth to her daughter, Sophie Jenna Lee.
The best for last! This is a photo of Wendrick, my brother Rick and his wife Wendy, when Ritsue and I went to visit them in the great Smokey Mountains in Del Rio, Tennessee. They were inseparable for 43 years. He passed away peacefully at home on December 11th. His life was an adventure, with no regrets. Can we all say that?

No comments:

Post a Comment