Sunday, December 8, 2019

The Power

Ohhhh, trippy! The wavy image that showed up on my clock radio this morning, (actually a reflection of my blinds), told me something was about to change...…….

…..the month of November started with a visit to Chinatown.

We waited outside of the Sun Yat-Sen gardens......

…..where we waited to start the walking tour of the Chinatown outdoor art.

Some of the oldest building in Vancouver are in Chinatown.
Just off of Pender St. I love this area, I go this way when I am picking up cast in the morning.


We had the best tour guides! June and Doris Chow. (many thanks to Doris for telling us about it!) 

This was not part of the tour, but I love this pic all the same.

The west gate to Chinatown.

I seemed to get distracted by the buildings, I kept missing parts of the tour, lol.

We stopped by a memorial to the Chinese veterans that served for Canada in World War 2.
Of all the murals on the buildings, this was my favourite. (There is so much going on!)

Later, we went for lunch with Doris and brother Skip.

The next day we attended the remembrance day celebration in New Westminster.

It is so important to acknowledge the people who have given their lives to keep us safe.

Then my hiatus from the Good Doctor began. Day 1 of many days of surveys for a new show that will start filming in Vancouver in March, The Power, based on the book by Naomi Alderman. We started in North Vancouver. (the pic is looking back to downtown Vancouver).

We looked at many fabulous home is North and West Vancouver.

This one I could not even afford the taxes on.

The view from the pool at this home in West Van. was spectacular.
The guest suite would suite me fine in this North Van. home.

Amazing.

Later in the week we checked out this mansion in the Granville area of Vancouver.

Always on the move, next it was the Brittania Shipyards in Steveston.

It was a beauty fall day.
Love the fishing vessels.

The Gulf of Georgia Cannery national historic site.

We came across this "gem" as we were looking for a bog in the Ladner area.

We then made the 50 km drive to Fort Langley. I was on the right side of the tracks as I awaited the gang as they strolled around downtown Fort Langley.

Facing the right way, not always the case.

We took a quick look at this church on the first nations land in Fort Langley.
The next day we started in the Kitsilano neighbourhood of Vancouver. Looking towards downtown as I waited the group to get coffee on 8th Ave.

They were also scouting out downtown office locations.

Then it was off to a farm on Westham Island in Delta. A lot of cool junk to look at out here.



It had rained a lot, the fields were a muddy mess.

I lost track of the days, (10 days in total) on this day we went to Brittania Beach on the road to Whistler.

Round and round, then back to West Vancouver.....

....finishing this day under the Dunsmuir viaduct downtown Vancouver.
We switched gears on this day, moving to New Westminster.

Then back to the farm at Westham Island.

We stopped for lunch at Gyu-Kaku, a Japanese BBQ restaurant in Richmond. This was the best deep-fried chicken I think I have ever had!

The film people ordered way too much food for the 7 of us. 

The next day, back downtown Vancouver......

……..then back to West Vancouver, round and round and round.
Who get to live in these places???

The drawback to ocean front living in West Vancouver, I would hate to see what happens on a snow day.

Another gem....

….ya, that's were I want to have my dinner!

Ahhh, nothing like a West Van. view.
Bonus for them, they get the same view of Mount Baker that I get in the burbs!

Switch gears, still in West Vancouver....
….but this was a creek view.

This day we stopped at Small Victory for coffee on Homer St.. (The same place I get cappacunnios for the Good Doctor himself.)

...another day, another trip to New Westminster.

One of the location they are looking for is a rail yard. We were allowed to check out this one in New Westminster.

Then back to this mansion in Vancouver. They really liked this one.

Back to the office buildings downtown.
On the week-end, junior borrowed my car, and left his in my parking spot. He know how it makes me crazy to pull into a parking spot! A good driver backs out of trouble, not into it.

The last day of scouting. We went to the Squamish Valley to look at summer camps. This area I want to check out again when the weather is a little warmer. Looking to the north.....

….looking to the south.

We ended my stint of scouting with the Power people at Camp Howdy at Belcarra in Port Moody.

I had to drive for 2 1/2 hours to get there before it got too dark. Needless to say, I was a little exhausted after my power trip, hyuk.
Bad trucking gone really bad.
Let's end this with a positive wink from my bro.

No comments:

Post a Comment