Sunday, February 17, 2019

.....and another wrap......

……..and not a moment too soon. The last day of filming season 2 of The Good Doctor, was a real adventure. It snowed most of the day, something Vancouverites are not used to. My last duty of the evening, taking the director to the airport, was a harrowing adventure on the streets. This is my snow covered ride, as I parked it in my underground at the end of the evening.
My deck was experiencing the snow drifts.

There was also evidence of the storm at the Bridge Studios.

…..and a little icy travelling through Chinatown the next morning.
Well, bravo again, Starbucks! I guess Monty sounds exactly like this spelling.

It was a an icy couple of day, including  this trip on the Dunsmuir Viaduct heading downtown.

Our last day of filming, this time in the early a.m. I was waiting on Beatty Ave. for Dr. Melendez. (Nicholas Gonzalez)
We gave all of the cast courtesy rides this week.

The last supper. (well, technically lunch) Our caterers provided a feast on our last day.
The lunch was completely tented, starting with our head caterer, Jon, grilling some steaks.

Over on one side, Andy was manning his Chinese stir fry bar. (Thanks, once again, for all their hard efforts throughout season 2)

One of the last scenes of the season. With the snow, it was surely hard to make this ambulance bay look like Saint Bonaventure Hospital in San Jose, California. 

The end of season crew photo. I'm so far back, I don't even know what's going on at the front!

….at the studio, this was evidence of how much snow landed.....

...more evidence at the Sutton Hotel as I waited to take a guest cast member to the airport. I am sure they were more than happy to get back to Los Angeles. 
You cannot deny the beauty, as I look out from my balcony towards the North Shore mountains. 

The rest of the week was about wrapping the show. Besides driving cast and execs, some of my duties included returning gear and equipment. Today, I was returning gear from the grip department. I had to call junior to ask him what these foreign objects were. (f.y.i, drop downs, just sayin.)

On Friday, I was alone as I walked about the set of the Good Doctor.

So quiet. I guess it will remain this way until the start of season 3.

The O.R. has been transformed to a props dept. medical storage room.
Fellow Teamster peep Bob, had to move this behemoth catering rig to a storage area.

…..and the sweetest gift....

..Good Doctor star Freddie Highmore, took the time to give myself, and many other crew members, personalized cards. 


Meanwhile, while we are suffering a late winter blast, Ritsue had to rub it in, that the blossoms in Hiroshima were already happening.
.on the web, this is a cheeky selfie....

...and what?, what are you looking at????

No comments:

Post a Comment