Tuesday, June 5, 2018

VOTB, the bubble has burst.

The final few days of filming Valley of the Boom. Our week started at the iconic Riverview Hospital grounds in Coquitlam. I need both hands and both feet and then some to count how many productions I have been on that have shot out here.
Just after 5 a.m. and it's already light out downtown as I wait for cast at the Sutton Place hotel.

The caterers are all ready to start serving breakfast on the grounds of the Crease clinic at Riverview.

I had to run an errand to the old Good Doctor studio in Coquitlam. Wow! This is all that is left of the San Jose St. Bonaventure hospital.

While they are scrapping this hospital, they are busy building a new and improved hospital in Burnaby for season 2.
The beauty of spending four days at Riverview.

Parked at our circus (base camp) out front of the crease clinic.

Shooting late requires a lot of exterior lighting.

When I got home I tried to tune into Stephen Colbert. That's about all I got on this night.

There it is, I will soon be jobless. (as of this post, I have finished my wrap days on Valley of the Boom, and I am currently unemployed.......)


Hawaiian shirt Friday gave me a chance to show off the shirt Ritsue bought for me on our recent trip to Honolulu. 
I made a friend when we were filming at Deer Lake Park in Burnaby. (I will name him "Scooter". )

In the morning we were at this heritage house at Deer Lake. 

This is a jewel to escape to when you want to get away from the din of the city. (and it's only 5 minutes from my place)

The rest of the we were filming at Burnaby City Hall. 

On the week-end, a mini reunion with my bro and sis in Kitsalano.

My nieces with the exquisite buffet that my sister-in-law Carmen so graciously prepared.

My niece brought out the bottle of champagne that Nicholas Gonzales, of the Good Doctor, gave me. I felt this was the perfect occasion to share.

Have you ever been to Metrotown? The super mall in Burnaby has parking that is so confusing, I had to take a picture of where I parked. Even then, I still missed the spot, that's the second time I have wandered around aimlessly at this place.

A new store opened, and the line-up for Uncle Tetsu's cheesecake stand was very long. 

After Metrotown, my sis and I needed some nourishment and a beer, so we headed to the 8 1/2 pub at Main and 8th in Vancouver. Their pesto prawn pizza is marvelous.

Back to work. On this day, we took over Arbutus Street as we filmed in Sophie's Cosmic CafĂ© on 4th ave. in Kitsilano. 

The next day we took over the Vancouver Art Gallery grounds. I love being downtown for filming, there is so much going on around us.

To the east, I never new Microsoft had an office in Vancouver.

Another film first. I was allowed to park right in the intersection of Howe and Robson as I waited for cast members. This was an excellent spot if you are into people watching.

Later in the week, we had an outside scene with some picture vehicles moving up and down a street in Kitsilano. 
The final day of filming. We were outside in Murdo Fraser Park in North Vancouver. (Technology meets nature)

A very short walk and I am alone with nature.

So beautiful

We were filming at this cabin, so beautiful, and less than 1/4 of a kilometer from highway 99.

There's Tibor, our picture car coordinator. We needed a lot of pre 2000 vehicles for this production, this one is still in very good condition.

The last scene of Valley of the boom was at an old gas station on Marine Drive in West Vancouver. I was parked a block away, and I quickly found Erwin Park, a very small oasis.
Nice view of Vancouver.

A different view (Fairmont Waterfront) looking east towards the Port of Vancouver. I had to pick-up an executive from STX, who is producing the show for National Geographic, and take her to the airport.

Wrapping up included picking up all of the costume departments dry cleaning. I have never had so much wardrobe at one time in my cast car.

Meanwhile, back in Hiroshima, Ritsue finally received her birthday/
Easter present that I sent 2 months ago!

We had been hangin' loose and back from Hawaii way before that package finally arrived. 
Cheeky! Valley of the Boom had a crew picture taken on the last day of filming. Unfortunately, they did not let the mighty Teamsters know, so if you look hard, you will find none of us. (Though you can see the star, Steve Zahn, in the center with the fat suit on)(If you watch it when it comes out next year, it will all make sense) 

The show is done, back to reality! Look, what my bro-in-law has acquired! Sweet!
To the web, this resonates so well with me.

Not unexpected, though, sadly 

wow, what's it like to be wrapped in bacon?

giant cat!!!!!!

I'm so old.....

so impressive

Something we have all gone through captured so perfectly.

cats

strong work



A go fund me ?


This is the same as the hotel room I recently stayed at in downtown Vancouver, I guess its okay if you don't have a room full of strangers...



No comments:

Post a Comment