Sunday, February 25, 2018

The Good Doctor, The Home Stretch...

Omg, when do you get to be the only one in Gastown! (4:45 a.m. on a Monday, that's how.)
(I was hanging out waiting to pick-up one of the cast members of the Good Doctor.
The gang, Chuku, Antonia, Beau, Hill, Freddie, Richard, Tamlyn, and Nicolas, season one is close to being finished.
Out with the kids for dinner, not agreeing with their "Sangria choice" happy hour pick, lol

Another first in my cast driver duties. A stop at the Party Bazzar in Vancouver. I was there to get some goodies, including helium balloons, very hard to harness I found out, for our star's birthday. (Freddie Highmore) 

A reminder on the way home that winter isn't quite done with us yet.

This was just a warm-up (or lack of) for a big snow we had a week later.

An early morning pick-up, looking east on Coal Harbour Quay.

and looking north in my rearview mirror across Coal Harbour to the North Shore mountains.

my normal ride had to go in for engine work, so I had to get used to this Ford Flex for a couple of days.

Filming this week was mostly at our Burnaby studio. Back here at our Coquitlam studio, the operating theatre is very still.
wow, impressive

Even more impressive, incredible workmanship (or craftsmanship?) when you stand above our stages.

One more week, and these hospital halls will be empty until the start of a season two. (as of now we still do not know if that is happening or not)

always marvel at the detail of the sets

a look backwards as I go through the carwash

waiting for a cast pick-up, this time at the Olympic cauldron at Jack Poole plaza in downtown Vancouver.

spoiled again by our fab caterers, turkey dinner, with a little tuna on the side....

One of the main cast, Tamlyn Tomita, surprised us on Friday night with two dishes of what she called "crack" sushi. It was very good when you mixed with the seaweed, thank-you Tamlyn!

Just to prove I can still do it, every once in a while I am brought in to move one of the bigger production vehicles. (Just like riding a bicycle, right?)

after the move, I had a chance to visit my torch relay partner from the 2015 Pan-Am games, Hayley! She was in town from Toronto, visiting relatives.

I guess we should not complain about our little Vancouver snowfall.

Ouch!

Picture says it all.

uhh, no

just like in my day you hated people playing records for you, but you loved playing records for them


who needs a boat trailer?

slight miscalculation

what the heck?

sad, sad, but all too real sign of the times




No comments:

Post a Comment