Monday, August 21, 2023

Do the limbo......

My cable and internet contract came up for renewal. They (won't put a shout out to "them") shipped me all these goodies, apparently I need it?
The new (less than 2 years) swapped out for the newer. When all was said and done I really haven't noticed much of a difference.
 

With all this downtime, had another chance to see a Canadian's baseball game.
A good start to the afternoon, lol.
All by myself...........
No Eric Carmen here, I was soon joined by bro Skip and my lovely nieces.
After the game we chilled at Electric Bicycle Brewing in Mt. Pleasant.
......very chill
Went for lunch with one of my Teamster peeps. I highly recommend the spicy chicken sandwich at La Foret in Burnaby. 
That is one big motor........
....but you need a motor like that to pull the cars up on the PNE wooden roller coaster. They had a promotion to celebrate the 65th birthday of the coaster. We signed up. For $20 more than the cost of admission to Playland we got in ahead of the crowd, and also got coffee and mini donuts!
Ha!, and the complimentary PNE ride pic. (We actually tortured ourselves by going on the wooden coaster 3 times.)
Ritsue took a ride on Hell's Gate.
That was crazy to watch. (I didn't ride it, Ritsue wasn't allowed on with sandals, so I lent her my shoes, and watched in my socks.)
Finally something more my speed, the Ferris wheel.
Looking back at the roller coaster.
This monster was called the beast for a reason. I took the first turn, and wow, what a ride. The ride swings back and forth like a pendulum, reaching 90 degrees at the peak. Meanwhile, the seats you are sitting in spin around at great speed, lucky I didn't lose my mini donuts.
It was Ritsue's turn next, good luck!
That ended up being a pretty fun day. (and only minor muscle trauma to show for it)
I love it when you order something glass on Amazon and it shows up like this. (Lucky this time, no damage.)
Went to Georgie's Kitchen and Bar in New Westminster for the first time. What a great view of the Fraser River we had.
Yes, it was great.......
......but the judges all agree, the food, well, not so great.
Another week goes by and we are all still in limbo, waiting for the writer's and actor's strike to be over so we can get back to work. (The Good Doctor season 7 should of begun/began? filming in early July, but as of right now, who knows?)

No comments:

Post a Comment