Saturday, June 25, 2022

Mr. In-between (the Burl Ives version)

In between seasons 5 and 6 of the Good Doctor, how to fill the time? Well, I would recommend Hamilton if you get a chance to see it. (We thoroughly enjoyed our evening at the Queen Elizabeth Theatre in Vancouver.)
 

.... or maybe hangin' with the Great Root Bear...........
....at a Vancouver Canadians baseball game.
...and a great Sunday afternoon it was.
Checking up on the poppies along our walk route......
....the random, let's get a closer look, pic.
Sipping sake that Ritsue brought back from Hiroshima is also a great pastime.
I was surprised to see how cloudy, yet delicious, it was.
The random, out walking in Central Park, Burnaby style, pic.
Had a small window to go out to the airport and meet up with my sister-in-law Wendy, who was up from Del Rio, Tennessee visiting her sister in Prince George.
Spent one in-between day at the Museum of Anthropology at the University of British Columbia. The exhibit of Indigenous artifacts was impressive.
....reminds me of the good ole days when me and my buddies were out girl watching, lol....
There was an exhibit of Mexican artisans. Two takes on the Last Supper.....
.......the second is surely open to interpretation........
....another exhibit was on ceramics, mostly from Europe. The condition of some of the pieces was amazing. This bowl was one example........
.....extraordinary. (Not dishwasher safe)
When we went to the airport to see my sister-in-law she surprised me with this gemstone gift. Apparently it was one my brother Rick had found in his travels, and she wanted me to have it.
In-between's new meaning. Do not plan on much vehicular travel on your time off. One fill up of my cast ride was $200.00. (That's about $6.92 U.S. dollars per gallon.)
.....one could spend an evening out on the balcony looking at the clouds.....
......or two evenings, lol. 
An encore pic of Wendy and I.
Why not spend one of those in-between evenings at the VIP cinema in Coquitlam. Grab a bottle of wine and watch a little Top Gun: Maverick action.
.......or go back out on the balcony for a little sunset action.
....this blog has come full circle. This night started with hoppin' on the sky-train and heading downtown.....
....(I do recommend the brisket sandwich at the Devil's Elbow on Beatty, but maybe not before you are about to attend a Broadway production.
....and the beer and the 2 shots my daughter bought for us???.....
....well that's enough in-betweening at home, time to head out.......

No comments:

Post a Comment