Sunday, August 29, 2021

Time to work.....

It's official. I am the world's worst selfie taker. What a treat to give Antonia Thomas a ride. I didn't even know she was still in town. We are all going to miss Dr. Browne. Good luck to her in her future projects.
 
Going out to visit my grandparent's plot in White Rock was on the list of things to do before filming started.




There, that is much better.




The mandatory stop at Everall street, named after those same grandparents.
The Crescent Beach panoramic.
One of the last orders of business was to get our second vaccinations. Hey!, that fridge magnet.......hmnnnnn.........
Grasshoppers are pretty common in the Okanagan, but to see one in Burnaby? Is it because of the long spell of dry weather we have had this summer?
While we were prepping the Good Doctor, I also helped out with scouting on another Brightlight pictures project. On this day we were at Belcarra Regional Park.............
.......White Pine Beach in Port Moody........
........my scout van ride for a couple of days.......
Fellow Teamster peeps John and Bob getting a little festive, celebrating the start of season 5.
.....back to the scout, we were at Camp Howdy in Belcarra......
....... Bob's Bar N' Grill in Aldergrove (I think I may have to come back here).........
Whonnock Lake in Maple Ridge, trying to find the perfect spot for a beach scene.


I have been thinking about this for a long time. When Darcy at Key West Ford in New Westminster called me up and said there was one available.........
.......and with Ritsue's approval........
....quickly checked out the specs......
..... and voila!, fast forward to my first cast pick-up in my brand new 2021 Ford Expedition. (rented out to the show, of course...)
.....gotta throw in a random look up, look wayyyyyyyy up, cloud pic.....
.......and finally! After more than two months we finally received a measurable amount of rain, so badly needed.
.....the rain brings out the snails, pic.
......Ritsue and I picked some wild blackberries around our place and put them to good use, blackberry Margs! (and she also made some very tasty blackberry jam.)
Picking up an executive producer at YVR, things are certainly different at international arrivals. People are being randomly selected for a covid test on their way out.
....always time for a look at Mt. Baker.
....and then it was day 1 of filming of episode 1 of season 5 of the Good Doctor. Started with a safety meeting with all the cast (hiding around the corner) and crew.
The boys are back in town! Teamster peeps John, Dave, Chief and Bob taking over the studio streets, watch out!
Last Sunday was moving day for the show, we were on the road for 2 whole days! I was entrusted with the cable truck.......
.......and the LX (electrics) 10 ton. (also the camera and prop trucks and a fire truck, lol, it was a busy day!)
Day 1 was on the grounds of Hart House at Deer Lake, in Burnaby.
.....ya, I'm too cool for school, lol......
.....oh how I missed the view and missed my morning wait for Dr. Reznick. (Fiona Gubelmann)
Day 2 was at the Stanley Park Pavilion. (nothing to see the room was completely tented) 
It was nice to be able to enjoy the grounds....
.....the one bee, two flower pic....
I spy in my rearview mirror, the horse drawn carriage rides are back at the park!
You never know what you're going to see cruise by at the Bridge Studios.


Someone posted this pic of myself and the transport team in St. John's Newfoundland, at the start of the 25th anniversary Rick Hansen relay. 10 years ago, wow......

No comments:

Post a Comment