Sunday, September 27, 2020

Smoke gets in my eyes.........

Heading into fall. It was only a couple of weeks ago that we had to endure the forest fire smoke that blew up from Washington and Oregon. Now we are starting to endure the rainy season.

 

A couple of week-ends ago we had a chance to head downtown near the convention centre........

                                                    This guy was curious to see what was going on...
                                   My niece and her husband drove down from Alberta to see their son who recently moved to Abbotsford . They also brought along  their daughter, her husband and their new grand-daughter...........
           .......baby Sophie.
Well, looks like I'm the old guy in the crowd. (yes, we broke a couple of social distancing rules.) 
  This early morning provided a dandy view of Mt. Baker.
                                      Waiting to pick-up cast in Kitsilano, this heron was waiting for something else.
I love coming down here. I always try to be a little early for my pick-up and enjoy the vista. 

New street to hang-out on in East Vancouver. One of the main cast (can't say who, of  course) had relocated from Kitsilano for this season.
A rare trip out of the studio. On this day we were filming on this lot in North Burnaby. What a stunning view of Burrard Inlet, Vancouver and the North Shore!
........and the sunset!
Fellow Teamster peeps Bob and Mike took in the scenery.
One of my frequent cast pick-up zones, Mt. Pleasant in East Vancouver. Three of the cast have been in this area for the last couple of seasons. (the pic is the corner of Broadway and Kingsway)
One of our office people, Nicole was moving back to her home country, Austria. She needed to get rid of her Toyota Yaris, so junior bought it as a back-up car for his BMW, which I don't mind saying, has been a real lemon for him! (and at $1300, it was a great deal!)
This was one of the smoky nights we suffered with during the forest fires. 
Living with Ritsue means I get to try many things for the first time, like this lotus root!
We are still getting Covid tested 3 times a week. I can now look online to see  I am Covid free!
Waiting by our circus (base camp) to take Dr. Reznick (Fiona Gubelmann) or Dr. Lim (Christina Chang) home. In the old days I could take them both together, but in Covid world, only one can ride in my cast car. (Dr. Lim was the winner, lol)
First time this season we filmed at Dr. Glassman's house. (Richard Schiff). We have been to the Granville neighbourhood quite a few times over the first 3 seasons.
We all have to have I.D. now, specifying which zone we are part of. Anyone that has interaction with the cast is in Zone A.
Made my first airport pick-up of the season. It was so eerily quiet, I was actually a little nervous to pick-up the episode 403 director.
After I dropped of the director at the hotel, it was back to the Glassman house for some evening filming. (No fraturdays yet, I'm keeping fingers crossed)
One more smoky day looking out over Burrard Inlet waiting for my cast pick-up.

Hawaiian shirt Fridays has become a whole new competition! I think I nailed it!
......and still our craft service (snack truck) is number one in the business. Shrimp for an evening snack? Oh Ya!
...beside us at the Bridge Studios another show, "Midnight Mass", is filming. 
....meanwhile, back in Summerland, junior got a visit from his cousins Megan and Erin, who were up visiting from Vancouver. Junior is back to work again as well, as a grip on the second season of the CW series, "Nancy Drew".

No comments:

Post a Comment