Thursday, July 2, 2020

4:18

4:18 on the morning of the longest day of the year,
These covid days have been great for getting out and exploring one's neighbourhood. This church was only a couple of blocks away.

Is this a sign??? (I guess it's whatever you want it to be.)

Dinner at fellow Teamster peep Tracey's home. He was gracious enough to sharpen (his hobby) one of Ritsue's knives while we were there.

Walking at Deer Lake has become a little confusing these days.

So close to my place, I do not take advantage of this 5 km walk often enough.

Gorgeous!
There were a lot of boardwalks that we had never traversed before.

The lily pad close-up pic.

So close, yet so far away from the city.

Heading back to the car, under Royal Oak Avenue.

The Mulberry retirement home across from my building gave another concert for the senior citizens who live there. That meant another free concert for Ritsue and myself. It was a lot of fun groovin' to the oldies.
In the neighbourhood, the dogwoods were in full bloom.


Ritsue getting a little creative with all the plastic bags we are accumulating these days. (Most stores still wont let us bring our own bags.)

A double yoke! (and that's no joke....)

On father's day we went to Spanish Banks with my bro and his girlfriend for low tide. (We have filmed out that way many times, but this was the first I have seen the tide out so far.)
It was a very cool experience. You can walk a kilometre straight out from the shore. 


So close to downtown Vancouver.

My brother and his girlfriend were leaving us in the dust, or sand, in this case.
Getting through the squishy pools was all part of the fun.

The finish line pic.

....who'da thunk it......

....the mandatory selfie......

Interesting watching a young couple pulling in their crab traps. They actually caught about a dozen while we were there, but apparently they were all too small or were female, so back to sea they went.
......the end of the line.....

.....one last "we did it" pic.....

.....one last look towards the city....

.....heading back, the parking lot is so far away you can barely see it.....

We went out for dinner with my daughter on Father's day. She gave me this luscious basil plant......... 

.......which Ritsue promptly transplanted and added to her ever growing (sic) balcony garden.

The waiting to return to work project of the day, building an Ikea dresser.

...."hey, wait a minute!...that was supposed to be my project!"......
Ritsue took over and showed off her expertise.

Perfect! One down and five to go.

Was going to go for a run, but I think I'll wait it out.

Spoiled by another one of Ritsue's culinary creations.

This enoki, king oyster and white mushroom combo was very good!
This was not how I wanted to spend my off time. A trip to the dentist revealed I would have another trip to the dentist to have a molar removed. A bit of a humbling experience I must say.

No comments:

Post a Comment