Thursday, June 4, 2020

Phase 2, B.C.'s restart plan, whatever that means....

Having all this time off work means you get to be around the house more, actually way, way more. If we weren't home, we would not have seen this social distancing concert at the retirement centre across from my building. We got to stand on the deck for over an hour, rockin to the oldies! (but still goodies!) The musician was excellent on the keyboard.
It's really too bad I could not download this video! Ritsue was really dancing up a storm to the music.
....an ongoing Covid activity, looking through all the junk I have accumulated over the years. I found this nifty pic of Gerry Cheevers when he played for Cleveland in the now defunct W.H.A.
He was famous for his "stitched" goalie mask.


Also found an old postcard my bro Skip sent me from Toronto way, way back in 1991?

I am a little impatient waiting on the whole Covid restart plan thang. My employer, the film industry is somewhere in phase 3. I'm still hearing July at the earliest.
Another groovy coincidence. Looking through the endless amounts of clutter, I found this mint Sports Illustrated from 1984, when Michael Jordan was a rookie in the NBA. I had a subscription back then, glad I still have this one, ties in nicely with the Last Dance documentary about Jordan currently on Netflix.

Harder and harder to motivate ourselves these days. Ritsue's hands signal a big 6, as in 6 p.m., which is how long it took us to get out of the house on that particular day.

Finding more and more of these on my jogging route around my place. These ones bothered me a little more, it was right outside of my condo. 

....but inside the condo, life! Ritsue has started some dill in this egg carton.

Our neighbour Amy, cut us some flowers from the condo gardens at our place. Nice!

On this day, our condo view was a rainbow over Mt. Baker and the Coast mountains.

My huge indoor garden (3 plants in total) had a couple visitors (a tomato plant and the dill seedlings) that were on their way to Ritsue's garden on the deck, as well as in the condo gardens below.

Finding old pics was tops on my list of fun things to do during Covid. Here's one of a younger me with a younger junior at Mt. Robson in the Rockies. (I can't even guess when this was taken. (early 2000's?) (...all I know is I seem to be a lot thinner back then...)
.... and Teala's baby picture, should be able to embarrass her somehow with this one.

....another mission accomplished, got the last of the candles I like at the Safeway in New Westminster. (3 months of pandemic and I haven't run out yet!)

Looking down from my 11th floor balcony, what's going on down there?

Wow, Ritsue is hard at work planting a little bit of a vegetable garden.

....and the tomato and pepper plants have been officially transplanted.
Ritsue is fighting hard against the roots of the unwanted plants growing in the garden.
.....ahhhhhhh, that garden work, I could watch it all day!

Honestly, some of the meals we are having at home are as good as any restaurant, and look at the money we are saving!

Surprise, the toilet paper shelves at Save-on foods are full!
.....unlike in March, when the whole Covid thing started.
Ritsue was on her way into the Assi Korean Market off of Kingsway in Burnaby. Now that place is too crowded for me, even when there isn't a pandemic. (I'll just wait in the car...........)



She did get some more Okonomi sauce, yum-yum!
Sign of the times, had to make a trip to London Drugs. Not much action going on at Brentwood Mall in Burnaby these days.

Stay at home means less scenery pictures from around Vancouver and more food pictures from around my condo!

Meanwhile, back at the condo garden, things are happening!

.....and there's my old friend again, Mount Baker........
(I think I'm slowly losing touch with reality, lol)

......meanwhile, back at my son's Covid hangout in Summerland, his motion camera caught this bear cruising through his yard. 


No comments:

Post a Comment