What a peaceful morning at one of my favourite beach access spots close to my home. (So close to Parksville, but yet so far....)
.....flashback, a couple of pics I did not include in the last blog of our visit with the sisters in Victoria.
Well, this wasn't the angle, but all and all a nice visit to the Penny Farthing Pub in Oak Bay.
Well, not sure about my "Max Scherzer" look. (He was awesome yesterday, just sayin...) Actually, we were quite enjoying a pint at the Lantzville Legion on this day.
Try to get out biking at least once a week. My favourite stop is this beach access close to Qualicum.
Never the same view.........
....my new buddy, "Poser". (Certainly has more patience than I do, lol.)
The random, walking in the neighbourhood, not sure what is on this rock, doesn't matter, I'm lichen it, pic.
Caught a glimpse on this day at French Creek......
Just a nice sunrise pic at my go to beach access close to home.
We are certainly having trouble getting adjusted to having marble counter tops. We are officially down to our last wine glass.....
All depends if the tide is in or out.
On this day, I made my way down to the harbour in Nanaimo.......
...there it is, the sailboat with the green sail.
Where I got to hang with my my two school buddies, Mike and Andy, and Andy's brother Tom. Haven't seen Mike in 10 plus years, and Andy and Tom, well it's been 40 years at least.
Mike is my oldest (time frame, not age, lol) friend. We grew up in Penticton and lived 4 houses apart. I have known him since Grade 4.
There he goes back to Andy's sailboat. They were on a 2 week cruise around the islands off of Vancouver Island. (Can you believe Mike and I both fit in that dinghy?)
In advance of Ritsue's family visiting us from Japan, we scouted around the area. We went to Port Alberni on this day. I was quite surprised at the size of the pulp mill there.
We spent the afternoon at the Alberni Harbour Quay....
All that scouting made us thirsty, so a visit to the Dog Mountain Brewery was in order.
.... and it was definitely worth taking some home with us. We'll be back!
Ritsue is making friends with the neighbour cat???
....and making friends at the Nanoose Bay Family Day.
...I turn my back for a minute......
...I do admit Ritsue looks pretty good behind the wheel of that classic!
.... one more sunrise shot, but heck, it's a different day......
......a final, loving Port Alberni, we'll be back, the calm before the......tbc, pic.

.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment